The weather in Fort William can be changeable. The best way to plan for a day on the hill, is for all eventualities. Please do not underestimate the weather and carry waterproofs, warm clothing, food and water. Even if the sun is shining in the Glen at the foot of the mountains, it can be bitterly cold on the summits. Have a look at the Visit Fort William – Ben Nevis Webcam (not to be used as an aid).
Below are some useful weather information services for general and mountain conditions.
- The CIC Hut Webcam
- BBC Weather for Fort William
- MET Office Regional Forecast
- MET Office Rainfall Radar Map
- MET Office Surface Pressure Chart
- Mountain Weather Information Service
- You may find MWIS Youtube channel of use too
- Windy – Also available as a smartphone app
- The Weather Outlook